Gobabeb Research & Training CentreNovember 11, 2015
Once upon a time in SeeheimNovember 16, 2015
| Main photo ©John Bowers
Cheetah Conservation Fund is the world’s leading organization dedicated to saving the cheetah in the wild. Founded by Dr. Laurie Marker in 1990, CCF has created a set of integrated programs aimed at addressing the principle threats to the cheetah.
CCF’s conservation programming is rooted in scientific research. CCF maintains a research program on the biology, ecology and genetics of cheetahs that publishes papers in peer-reviewed journals annually, and currently operates the only fully-equipped genetics lab at an in-situ conservation facility in Africa.
The cheetah is Africa’s most endangered big cat. We’ve lost over 90 percent of the world’s population of wild cheetahs in the last 100 years, and if we don’t act today, we could lose the cheetah forever. As the world’s leading organization dedicated to saving the cheetah in the wild. CCF offers a number of ways that you can help the cheetah win the race against extinction. You can do it right now, right where you are:
- Donate: Your contribution to Cheetah Conservation Fund will support our programming, which is based on scientific research and has been working to stabilize cheetah populations in Namibia. With your help, we can take the success we’ve achieved in Namibia, and share it around the world.
- Volunteer: Some areas have local chapters that plan events for CCF and some areas have active volunteers that organize small scale individual projects. Both provide valuable support to CCF’s fundraising activities.
- Visit CCF: In addition to being a world-class research and conservation facility, CCF is open to the public every day of the year except Christmas Day. Visitors to CCF can enjoy a variety of activities and experiences.
- Humans for Cheetahs: Humans for Cheetahs is the grassroots initiative where you can participate in great activities and support Cheetah Conservation Fund at the same time.
- Share with friends: Tell A Friend About CCF! Maybe you can’t make a donation, or come for a visit, but everyone can share our story!
All information available on the CCF website: www.cheetah.org
Dr Laurie Marker. Photo ©Cheetah Conservation Fund