The Board of Trustees of Save the Rhino Trust is happy to announce the appointment of a new Chief Executive Officer to lead the Trust forward.
Marcia Stanton is a Swakopmund resident who is a truly committed conservationist with a long-standing association with Save the Rhino Trust.
She holds a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Environmental Studies, as well as a Juris Doctor (Environmental and International Law Certificates) and a Masters of Arts in Desert Studies
Marcia’s key strengths include:
- founding and directing an environmental NGO in Namibia giving her a thorough understanding of the challenges
- recent voluntary contribution of her time as a legal assistant on the North West Rhino Security Committee gaining knowledge and understanding of some of the security threats to Namibia’s rhino
- a wealth of experience with Namibia’s Ministry of Environment and Tourism and a close working relationship with enforcement officers from several key Ministries on poaching issues
- a strong education background with good understanding of conservation plus some research focused on Rhino and endangered species conservation
- an education in environmental law giving her the necessary skills for the development of policies and protocols
- experience in mediation, facilitation, leadership and organization which will prove very beneficial in unifying the small but committed Save the Rhino Team, Ministries, local communities and the wider conservation community towards the cause of saving the Rhino
- international experience with various groups and agencies which will play a key role in fundraising activities
THIS STATEMENT WAS RELEASED BY THE SRT ON FRIDAY, 12 JULY 2013
Contact details for Save the Rhino Trust
CEO Marcia Stanton – firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Telephone: 064-403829
Office Fax: 064-400166