The Namibia Tourism Board is introducing the star-grading scheme as a service-quality identification tool to distinguish businesses as graded or non-graded establishments.
Grading is conducted through official advisory visits and mystery guest visits.
BENEFITS OF THE QUALITY ASSURANCE VISIT
- Face-to-face advice from our team of experienced Quality Advisors
- Insight into your visitor’s experience
- Knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses within your business to maximise customer satisfaction
- Ongoing support available from the Quality and Standards Department following the visit
BENEFITS OF THE SCHEME
- You will have access to NTB Marketing opportunities.
- The scheme is highly recognised. This Quality Acknowledgement will enhance the visibility and reliability of your business.
- Your business will be in the Namibian tourism spotlight in terms of quality standards.
- You will receive a free accessibility check and entry in Accessible Namibia.
- A reassurance to your potential customers from a recognised and respected organisation
- A marketing edge for your business
- A testimony to the service you provide
- The star scheme is actively marketed to consumers to raise awareness and encourage them to use the scheme.
Okonjima bush suite
- Free listing in the NTB Star Grading Booklet
- Support from high-profile NTB advertising campaigns
Certificate, plaque, window sticker
ADVISORY VISIT SERVICE
- Helpful when trying to achieve a specific grade
- Can save you money in the long term
- Allows you to make informed decisions
- Offers one-to-one advice from our team of experienced Quality Advisors
The pack contains:
- scheme requirements
- benchmark quality examples
- contact information
- application form
Olive Exclusive All-suite Hotel
GRADING AND RE-GRADING FEES
Application fees – N$250.00 per room/unit up to a maximum of N$8 000.00
Issue of grading certificate – N$250.00
Replacement of a lost or damaged insignia or grading plaque – N$1 500.00
CATEGORIES OF GRADING
Hotel, Hotel Pension, Lodge, Tented Lodge, Rest Camp, Guesthouse, Guest Farm, Self-catering, Bed and Breakfast, Backpacker Hotel, Permanent Tented Camp, Campsite
WHO SHOULD BE GRADED?
Any establishment listed in the above categories is welcome to apply.
*** Very Good
- Namibia Tourism Board
- 1st Floor, Channel Life Tower, 39 Post Street Mall
- Private Bag 13244, Windhoek
- Tel +264 61 290 6044 (Ben !Gaoseb)
- Fax +264 61 401 401