Air Namibia to Terminate the Accra RouteApril 11, 2014
Waterberg Plateau Park – All You Need to Know – Maps & MoreApril 16, 2014
Today, a three day tourism workshop began in Outapi, headlined as a Planned and Development Workshop for the region.
High profile attendees at the workshop include the Minister of Environment and Tourism (MET) himself, Uahekua Herunga, plus the Governor of the Omusati Region, Sofia Shaningwa.
The workshop starts today, 14 April and will end on Wednesday.
Topics at the workshop include:
- An overview of the tourism sector in Namibia by Director of Tourism, Sem Shikongo
- An overview of the roles and responsibilities of the Namibia Tourism Board
- Tourism Concession Challenges
- Roles of conservancies in tourism development in north central: Namibia Development Trust
- Tourism Joint Venture Catalyst for Tourism Development: World Wildlife Fund
- Acquisition of Agricultural Land and Land lease fee systems
- CBNRM challenges and lessons learned – Economic viability in Conservancy in the Northern parts
- Climate Change, Biodiversity and Tourism – public rhetoric or reality
- Namibia’s SME sector
- Tourism Development in Omusati REgion
- The role of Ministry of Home Affairs & Immigration in tourism
- Financial Support of SMEs / Tourism Enterprises
According to the MET the objectives of the workshop amongst others, is to raise awareness about the role and importance of tourism towards tourism planning and development.